Tuition & Fees
In accordance with the Florida Legislature and Suwannee County School Board, fees are charged for RTC attendance. Fees vary according to program length and include a tuition fee, financial aid fee, capital improvement fee, laboratory use fee, and textbook costs. Financial aid and capitalization fees are set by the Florida Legislature. The financial aid fee is 10% of tuition cost. The capitalization fee is 5% of tuition cost. The technology fee is 5% of tuition cost.
Other fees may be assessed as required by an individual program such as state board exam fees, liability insurance, drug tests, and motor vehicle reports. Due to price changes during the school year, fees may change without prior notice. Contact Student Services for a list of fees associated with each program.
Students returning to complete a program that is less than one semester of instruction may be eligible for pro-rated tuition. Students must be identified eligible prior to his/her return to receive pro-rated fees.
Tuition & Fees Are As Follows:
1. Resident: Adult Job Preparatory $ 2.44 per clock hour
2. Non-Resident: Adult Job Preparatory $ 9.32 per clock hour
3. Adult General Education $ 30.00 per semester. *Fee waivers and exemptions may be available for AGE tuition.
Adult Education Fees
Adult General Education fees are $30.00 per semester. Courses listed for Adult General Education may receive a fee waiver except for students remediating above the literacy level required for vocational training programs, or remediation services above ninth grade level. Tuition and book fee waivers or exemptions apply to students who do not have a high school diploma or its equivalent, and are enrolled in adult basic skills (ABE), adult secondary education (ASE), or vocational preparatory instruction (VPI) for the purpose of achieving basic literacy or receiving a high school diploma or its equivalent.
Students who have a high school diploma or its equivalent and is enrolled in adult basic skills (ABE), adult secondary education (ASE), or vocational preparatory instruction (VPI), and possess basic skills at or below the eighth grade level may also fee exempt for tuition and books. Adult high school students taking vocational programs for high school credit will pay all fees except tuition and books.
Fee Due Dates
All fees are due in full on the first day of class. Students will receive an itemized bill each semester. Tuition and other fees must be paid in full or a payment plan arranged before students enter class.
Fees may be paid with VISA credit cards. The minimum charge on credit cards is $20.00. Fees paid with a check cannot be refunded until after 10 days.
Eligible fees may be deferred. Nonexempt, non-fee waived students in adult programs may have fees deferred:
Eligible Fee Deferment
1. When financial aid from a federal or state assistance program is delayed in transmissions to a student through circumstances beyond the control of the student, not including failure to make timely applications for such aid.
2. When a veteran or other student eligible for benefits under Chapters 32, 34, or 35, Title 38, U.S. Code is delayed in the receipt of benefits for payment of tuition fees. The student must request the deferment.
3. When the district has written authorization for payment or charges for fees, books, and supplies from an approved business, industry, governmental unit, nonprofit organization, or civic organization.
4. When fees are delayed because of a district-adopted installment payment schedule based on a criterion of need.
RTC Refund Policy
Textbooks and kits may not be returned. The amount of refund, if one is due, is determined by the criteria listed below. Any student, except a student receiving Title IV financial assistance, may be eligible for a refund under the following guidelines:
Industrial Cooperative Education (ICE) and Cooperative Diversified Education (CDE) students will be assessed tuition and other applicable fees at the above hourly rate for the periods that they are employed as part of their training program.
1. A 100% refund (less a $50.00 administrative fee) will be issued to all students who withdraw up to one week before or on the rest day of class.
2. For withdrawal after the rest day of class through the rest 10% of the enrollment period, a 90% refund will be issued (less administrative fees, books, laboratory use fees, or any non-returnable equipment).
3. For withdrawal after the rest 10% of the enrollment period through the rest 25% of the enrollment period, a refund of 50% will be issued (less administrative fees, books, laboratory use fees, or any non-returnable equipment).
4. For withdrawal after the first 25% of the enrollment period through the first 50% of the enrollment period, a 25% refund will be issued (less administrative fees, books, laboratory use fees, or any non-returnable equipment). No refund will be issued if a student completes 60% of the enrollment period for which he/she is charged.
5. When fees are paid by a 3rd party, refunds are issued to the 3rd party.